Ada Apiary Check on Top Bar Hive.

My top bar hive that was started from a swarm last year had either become queenless or had swarmed. I only found one emergency queen cell in the hive during my last inspection. I added a small comb of eggs and larvae to hopefully give the bees additional resources to make another queen if needed.

Only 7-16-2011 I checked the hive to see how things were going. I am happy to report that the new queen is laying a very solid pattern and has been working to fill several frames with eggs that are now capped.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>