Split my hive in Arlington.

This hive overwintered very well. Hopguard was added on Saturday at which it was apparent that thus hive was strong and all three boxes were brood.

Today I did a walk away split. I removed one box that contained eggs, larvae, and sealed brood.

I also added a box that contained several frames of Honey and the rest was drawn. I hope the split will produce a new queen.

image

image

June 9, 2013

New queen spotted. One frame of capped brood. 1/2 frame eggs and leave. Need to reduce down to a 5 frame nuc. Also need to start feeling soon as frames of honey about gone.

This entry was posted in Honey Bees. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>