Ada hive inspection. 4-21-13

Found that one hive has a large small hive beetle infestation. I was very concerned with the number of beetles found. I would say over a thousand had overwintered with the bees or still had moved in from other gives.

My dad and I killed a hundred or so. I removed a box of Honey that was not covered enough with bees to keep the beetles off the frames. I killed addition beetles as I found them. Installed beetle traps.

I also treated with hopguard in this hive. A couple of bees with DWV were found. Brood appeared to be newly hatched out. Queen its getting of to a allow start.she its 2 years old going into her 3rd year. Will be replacing her later.

This entry was posted in Honey Bees. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>