3rd update on queenless top bar hive split.

June 12, 2011 I picked up a new queen for the queenless top bar hive. However, I found that there must have been a hidden queen cell in the hive as I found a comb of eggs. Checked the parent hive to make sure they had a queen and I found several combs of eggs.

I ended up bring the purchased queen home and making up a mini split today usi one of my langstroth hives at the Findlay apiary.

This entry was posted in Honey Bees. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>